Dental implants are the modern answer to partial plates and dentures. When you lose a tooth entirely, you have the option of a dental implant which is a device fastened into your jaw bone. It has the look and feel of a regular tooth and is permanently fastened, unlike a denture or partial. These devices cost more initially but they are far easier to care for and have better performance than other, less permanent options.
How do they work?
It is a minor surgical process wherein the dentist secures the implant into the gum tissues and underlying bone onto which the artificial tooth or teeth are attached. Therefore, good oral hygiene, healthy gums and bone tissue is required to hold the implant in place. Made of titanium which is a biocompatible element and is well accepted by the body, these implants also support the jawbone and other facial tissues to maintain its shape and appearance. Apart from the look, the dental implants also, restore normal functioning of the tooth so the patient can eat or chew or talk just as the natural tooth.
Implant Dentistry Benefits:
- Dental implants restore proper chewing function.
- Implant-supported tooth replacements won’t move or loosen.
- Dental implants prevent bone loss.
- Unlike other restorations, implant dentistry doesn’t damage other healthy teeth.
- Dental implants eliminate the irritated, painful gums associated with dentures.
- Implants can improve your speech.
Dental Implant Informational Video
Contact us with your dental implant questions today. All Providers listed ready to provide assistance Now including phone consultation. We can forward your information also to multiple dentists for expert analysis.